Dr. Christopher Chang
- Fauquier Ear, Nose, and Throat Consultants, Warrenton, VA
• Joined October 2005
- Physical Therapy 101
• 2018 - present: Assistant Producer
- Northgauge Healthcare Advisors, Centennial, CO
• 2015 - present: Peer Review Panel Member in the field of Otolaryngology
- O2Labz, 3D/2D CGI Animation Company
• 2018 - 10/2020: Chief Medical Officer
- Gaia Social Media Group
• Co-Founder and Chief Medical Consultant 2011
- Laryngology and Voice Disorders Mini-Fellowship (James P. Thomas, MD), Portland, OR
• July 1, 2005 - October 1, 2005
- Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
• 2004-2005: Chief Resident in the Division of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
• 2001-2004: Resident in the Division of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
• 2000-2001: Surgical Intern in the Department of General Surgery
- Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
• 1996-2000: Doctor of Medicine
- Yale University, New Haven, CT
• 1992-1996: Bachelor of Science in Molecular Biophysics & Biochemistry with Honors, magna cum laude
- Eastman School of Music (Pre-College Program), Rochester, NY
• 1987-1992: Diploma in Cello Performance (more info)
For appearances in the media, click here.
Dr. Chang is a Yale educated and Duke trained Board-Certified Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgeon with additional specialized training in laryngology and voice disorders. He is a United States patent holder and has authored numerous textbook chapters and peer-reviewed publications in scientific journals. He has been named as one of America's Top Physicians by the Consumer's Research Council of Americ, Northern Virginia Top Doctor, Top Doctor by Castle Connolly, Washingtonian Top Doctor, and Top Doctor by US News & World Report.
He joined Fauquier ENT Consultants in October 2005 and enjoys treating all aspects of the head and neck of all different ages from pediatrics to adults. He has a particularly keen interest in surgical treatment for obstructive sleep apnea as well as professional voice care from operatic singers to the lecturing professor whether the complaint be a weaker than normal voice to sudden pitch breaks or onset delays of only the upper singing vocal range.
He also addresses problems related to allergy, ears, nose, sinus, throat, salivary gland, head & neck masses, skin cancer, and use of botox to treat facial/neck spasms/dystonias (spasmodic dysphonia, oral mandibular dystonias, torticollis, tongue dystonia, oro-facial dystonia, palate myoclonus, etc).
Outside interests include running, hiking, cycling, SCUBA, kayaking, swing dancing (West Coast Swing), and snowboarding. He is also an amateur movie producer creating videos on a variety of ENT topics for patient education. Dr. Chang received the YouTube Silver Button Creator Award in 2019 in recognition of all the ENT videos he as made over time.
He lives in Warrenton with his wife and daughters.